Dear Hall Families,
We hope you are settling into an adventurous yet relaxing summer. As we wind down the year we have had the opportunity to reflect on our shared experiences. This year has been amazing, with both challenges (that we faced together) and great accomplishments. We celebrate our perseverance in the face of adversity as well as our ability to engage in meaningful dialogue and partnership across all facets of our community. As your child has grown and learned from their experiences here, we too have grown and learned with them.
Highlights from the year
- An amazing and inspirational Day One!
- Watching our students make kindness a reality on campus every day.
- Collaborating more with Redwood High School to facilitate a more meaningful transition to high school for 8th graders. Hear stories from the February grade level assemblies co-facilitated by RHS students.
- Whole school gatherings with guest speakers Kevin Laue, Michael Pritchard and Brodie Kaster.
- The Unity Gathering in front of school in February to reassert that everyone belongs at Hall! (Image below)
- The T2 Excellence in Learning Ceremony. Along with honoring students with outstanding GPAs as we had done in the past, we were proud to recognize greatness in student achievement in categories like Best Teammate, Strongest Work Ethic, Most Growth and Unsung Hero. Most importantly, this event included the entire body and almost 200 parents. (Image below)
Honoring our 8th grade Principals for a Day Sasha and José at our T2 Excellence in Learning event!
What we’re looking forward to in 2017/18
- Welcoming our new Cougars to campus on Monday, August 21, for the 6th grade Orientation!!
- Beginning the school year on Tuesday, August 22, as One community in the Gym! We invite all parents to join us to launch Day One with speaker Cammy Nelson!
- Continue to address instances of bullying and social isolation with restorative practices and Solution Teams.
- Getting more students involved at school through clubs and after-school sports teams as well as developing more opportunities for students to learn about and get involved with community agencies.
- Deeper examination of our current grading practices to help students better chart their growth and proficiency, as well as their development in other skills like collaboration and perseverance.
- Continue to provide a world class education.
- Partnering with our parent community to support the holistic development of all students.
We are thrilled to welcome the following new staff members to our team:
- Joe Dines, 8th grade Core and EL Support. Mr. Dines already feels like family at Hall, as he has taken on two important long-term substitute assignments over the last two school years (for 8th grade Science and 6th grade Core).
- Timothy Wilson, 7th and 8th grade Math. Although new to the Hall Family, Timothy is not new to education or making a big impact on a school community. Below are two articles (here and here) that discuss his previous job as Band Director of Lovonya DeJean Middle in Richmond.
- Meghan Greenwood, School Counselor Intern. Meghan attends Lamar University, where she is earning a Master of Education in School Counseling. She will join our team for the fall of 2017.
- Summer Math Loss http://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/uk/16/06/summer-math-loss
- Reading resource http://www.ci.larkspur.ca.us/334/Summer-Reading http://www.marinlibrary.org/teens/
Planning for next year? Please view the District Calendar
Please note that the Hall Office will be closed until 8/9/17. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces in the fall.
Eric Saibel and Tenisha Tate